Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sports Diskutim: Running

I just want to discuss running for this post.

I love to run. It was what started me on the journey to getting in shape and getting much healthier. It happened about 2 years ago... I wanted to change and lose weight. I finally got the innate urge to do it. Before I just wanted to lose weight to impress other people and it was never enough motivation to get up every day and exercise or to resist that white castle crave case.

I began running on a track outside. I was able to do about a quarter of a mile (once around the track) and I felt like throwing up. I also had terrible shin splints and my feet were killing me. The next day I went out and bought actual running shoes and socks (I had money back then so I could just go out and blow 125 dollars lol). I ran half a mile this time (two times around the track). Then for the next two weeks I would jog twice around the track... then walk one time around... then jog twice around again. After that I began jogging a full mile on the track (four times around).

Basically I kept this up for a couple years... now 40 pounds less later, I have the ability to jog fifteen miles straight at about eight minute and thirty second miles.

I love running... people are often shocked that I jog for pleasure and not just for exercise. I get to listen to music and jog outside (I jog on roads and trails now) look at nature and people. Not to mention runner's high which awesome... the feeling that i could just keep running forever haha it's awesome. I love when someone faster then me jogs by because then I make it my mission to at least keep up with them and usually they stop jogging before I do (though not all the time).

If I had to point out negatives to jogging... one would be that the fact that jogging is a very high impact sport. Probably not the best for joints especially at the distances I do... but this is just an assumption. The price though is kind of annoying... at long distances your shoes will wear out quickly... I have to buy new shoes like once every two months.

Regardless I love to jog. It keeps me in shape and it is very enjoyable.

Peace, Love, and Cheeeeeeeeeeeeks! RUN LIKE THE WIND!

2 comments:

  1. It's great to see people blogging about stuff they like.

    Anyway, good luck with the blog, dude =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey thanks Faby!

    Great to see that some people read my blog! Haha see you on SS!

    ReplyDelete