Thursday, April 7, 2011

"Guns kill people, kinda like how spoons make people fat."

Oh yeah I went there!

I fucking love weapons. Not for killing mind you. I just think guns, swords, knives, etc. are fucking awesome. I currently only possess swords and knives... no guns yet. Laws in my state are ridiculously strict and stupid and I have NO intention of registering to the government for firearms. I also have no money... at least not enough for a gun haha.

Anyway two specific stories inspired this post.

The first one is this story: Girl commits suicide with gun.

Okay so this girl obviously has a lot of negative issues in her life (one of them no doubt being compulsory schooling) so she goes into the school bathroom with a gun and blows her brains out. My problem is people seem to be blaming the gun and lax gun laws. This girl was determined to die I think she would have found an alternative method (probably a much more painful method) to kill herself. If she hung herself does that mean we should ban rope from youth or make it incredibly difficult to get a rope? That type of logic works more when someone commits mass murder with a weapon (but it still doesn't fly). She died because she had fail parents and lived in a fail society that insists on forcing young people to be in unnatural socialized groups. The gun was merely a tool just like a knife would have been or a rope.

The second one is this story: Massacre at Brazillian school.

So a fucking nut job goes into what sounds like a middle school shooting at random kids. The first thing that comes to my mind is not, "see how bad guns are!" it is, "damn too bad a teacher didn't have a gun." I'd even go so far as to say, "too bad a student didn't have a gun." but that might be too radical for some people haha. Again... if he had gone in with a baseball bat smashing in the heads of random students there would be very little outcry against bats. Sure I will concede that guns do make it easier to attack people but if the government didn't make it illegal to carry them then it would be easier to defend oneself.

Now tragedies like these are actually very rare (regardless of what paranoid fucking morons say) but if we want something done to prevent them then schools should have some teachers who are trained with firearms and who carry them. Any abuse of this responsibility would result in immediate firing and criminal prosecution. Columbine? Bastards get blown away before they kill more than one or two students or any at all. V-Tech? Hole to the brain. Brazilian school? Pump him full of lead. 

I am going to be a teacher one day... I'll be DAMNED if a shooter comes to the school and shoots my students. That won't happen.

Anyway... as stated before I love guns.... so many I want to buy but I will buy them when I move out of my state... my first purchase will probably a realistic weapon for home defense... low stopping power or even loaded with rubber bullets (gotta do research on those though). Of course I would love to just dick around like this guy:



Peace, Love, and Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeks! FPS Russia rules!

No comments:

Post a Comment